House Democratic Policy Committee Hearing on Legal Aid for Tenants Facing Eviction - Oct. 9, 2020
The Pennsylvania House Democratic Policy Committee held a public hearing on Legal Aid for Tenants Facing Eviction at 10:00 AM Friday, October 9, 2020 in Room G-50 Irvis Office Building in Harrisburg. This hearing was rescheduled from September 23.
Recorded Video of the Full Hearing:
Requested by state Reps. Malcolm Kenyatta, D-Phila; Morgan Cephas, D-Phila.; and Sara Innamorato, D-Allegheny, the hearing was held to collect testimony from policy experts as they work on legislation to provide legal aid for tenants. Testifiers will speak remotely while members will participate in person and remotely.
Testifiers will include:
- Patrick Cicero, executive director, Pennsylvania Legal Aid Network.
- John Pollock, staff attorney, Public Justice Center.
- Rasheedah Phillips, managing attorney of housing policy, Community Legal Services, Inc.
- Bob Damewood, staff attorney, Regional Housing Legal Services.
- Kevin Quisenberry, legislative director, Community Justice Project.
- A. Michael Snyder, chancellor, Philadelphia Bar Association.
- Catherine Carr, civil Gideon and Access to Justice Task Force co-chair, Philadelphia Bar Association.