Emergency Broadband Benefit Webinar for Consumer Groups
The Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC), an independent not-for-profit designated by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to administer the Universal Service Fund, will be holding a webinar, to be presented two times, on the new Emergency Broadband Benefits Program.
The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program is an FCC program that provides a temporary discount on monthly broadband bills for qualifying low-income households. Eligible households can receive:
- Up to a $50/month discount on broadband service and associated equipment rentals
- Up to a $75/month discount if the household is on qualifying Tribal lands
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer (with a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50)
The EBB Program is expected to launch later this month, so USAC is hosting a webinar to help consumer groups, advocates, and social service organizations learn about the program, understand who will be eligible, and walk through the application process. The session will include information about resources available to help consumers learn about the program.
The webinar will be offered twice to accomodate more participants. Each session will cover the same information.
You can register for the program at the following links:
- EBB Program for Consumer Groups – April 7 @ 3:00 PM Eastern
- EBB Program for Consumer Groups – April 21 @ 3:00 PM Eastern