Challenging CHC Personal Assistance Services Denials: A Webinar for Direct Care Workers - June 24
The Pennsylvania Health Law Project (PHLP) will be hosting a webinar entitled Challenging CHC Personal Assistance Services Denials: A Webinar for Direct Care Workers on Thursday, June 24, 2021 from 3:00 PM-4:30 PM Eastern.
Thousands of Pennsylvanians with disabilities and older adults enrolled in Community HealthChoices (CHC) Medicaid managed care plans have had cuts to or denials of waivers services. The most common cut has been to personal assistance services (homecare) that support participants in maintain their health, welfare, and safety while engaging in community life.
Join PHLP as they discuss how homecare and home health agency staff and direct care workers can help their consumers challenge CHC personal assistance services denials. At the end of this presentation, attendees will be able to:
- Know their consumers’ rights when a CHC plan denies services.
- Be familiar with the CHC appeal framework and levels.
- Understand common issues with appeals and how to resolve them.
- Be empowered to help their consumers fight back if their CHC plan denies, reduces, or stops a service.
- Know where to turn for advice or assistance when services are denied.