Support Staff/Coordinated Intake - MidPenn Legal Services
Who We Are
MidPenn Legal Services is a civil legal aid law firm dedicated to providing high quality free legal representation to low-income individuals and victims of domestic and sexual violence across an 18-county area in south central Pennsylvania. Our vision is to advance access to justice to individuals who face social, economic and racial barriers in this geographic region through representation at all levels of the legal system in the areas of public benefits, landlord-tenant, foreclosure, consumer, family and elder law.
The Support Staff / Coordinated Intake position is full-time and will primarily answer phones to screen applicants for eligibility for MidPenn’s legal services. The position is responsible for scheduling in-house or phone appointments for attorneys and paralegals in the program. Other clerical duties will include typing, file maintenance, filing and time-keeping. Several openings are available and may be located in our Reading, Lancaster, Gettysburg, York, Chambersburg or Lebanon offices.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is passionate and strongly committed to helping the disadvantaged in our community.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Bilingual ability (English/ Spanish) is required.
- Pleasant phone manner
- Customer service experience
- Interest and ability to work with a diverse client population of varying social, educational, racial and ethnic backgrounds;
- Demonstrated ability to work on a team, prioritize responsibilities and manage and meet time-sensitive deadlines;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Compensation and Benefits
MidPenn Legal Services is an equal opportunity employer. Salary is commensurate with years of experience based on a scale governed by our collective bargaining agreement. The current salary range for a Support Staff/CIU position with 1-4 years of experience is $26,660 -$29,213.
MidPenn also provides excellent fringe benefits, including:
- Health and Dental insurance (employer pays 85% of the premium)
- Short and Long Disability Insurance
- 14 paid Holidays per year
- 4 days paid personal leave
- 12 days paid annual leave in the first year
- Up to 84 hours of paid sick leave
- 403(b) retirement benefit with employer contribution after one year of employment
- Attorney fees for licensing, local and state bar memberships and malpractice insurance
How to Apply
Interested persons should email a cover letter and resume to: