Staff Attorneys - North Penn Legal Services, Bethlehem
North Penn Legal Services (NPLS) seeks attorneys who are interested in becoming part of a regional team focused on creating access to justice for low-income residents in north and eastern Pennsylvania.
NPLS serves twenty counties where our advocates provide direct representation, community outreach, and serve on local community groups. Support for advocacy work comes from all NPLS’ nine offices and an established statewide network.
Our most recent staff attorney openings are in Bethlehem, PA. This office serves Lehigh and Northampton counties with a staff of nine attorneys and six paralegals.
- Attorney will represent clients in variety of civil cases including housing, family law, and consumer issues including personal bankruptcy.
- Preference for attorneys who have a demonstrated commitment to public interest work.
- Attorneys bilingual in English and Spanish desirable.
- Applicants will be evaluated on their oral, writing and advocacy skills as well as prior experience.
- PA Bar or by admission required.
- Inter-county travel.
- Desire applicants with two to five years in practice. Salary DOE, approx. $47,400 – $51,000.
- Competitive fringe benefits including generous paid leave, health insurance and 401(k) plan.
Note: a significant portion of the compensation paid to staff is employer paid benefits. Contact us to obtain details.
- Frequent opportunities for professional growth and development through local, state and national trainings.
- Access to loan repayment assistance programs.
- Ref. March 2019 – Bethlehem attorneys.
- Go to www.northpennlegal.org
- Resumes accepted until position filled.
What to Include in your application
Please reply to email@example.com. Response to this ad must include a cover letter and resume. North Penn values a diverse work environment and strongly encourages women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, people with disabilities, people who have experienced poverty or homelessness and people who have had prior contact with the juvenile, criminal, or child welfare systems to apply.
NPLS invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff and legal services practice.