Staff Attorney - North Penn Legal Services, Williamsport Office
North Penn Legal Services (NPLS) seeks lawyers who are interested in becoming part of a regional team focused on creating access to justice for low-income residents in northeast Pennsylvania. NPLS serves twenty counties where our advocates provide direct representation, community outreach, and serve on local community groups. Support for advocacy work comes from all NPLS’ nine offices and an established statewide network.
Currently we have an immediate opening for an attorney with a general focus to work in our Williamsport office. This office serves Lycoming, Clinton, and Tioga counties. The attorney hired for this position will join four other experienced staff attorneys and two paralegals in the provision of legal services. Low income clients are also helped extensively through an active private bar pro bono program and Judicare contract attorneys.
Note: a significant portion of the compensation paid to our staff is employer paid benefits, including generous time off, both holidays and paid leave, and significant coverage of health insurance premiums and an HSA contribution. Contact HR for details 570.320.8712.
Staff Attorney Needed –Williamsport Office
- Attorney will represent clients in variety of civil cases including housing, consumer, employment, disability, public benefits and family law.
- Attorney will provide clients with representation in state and federal courts and administrative proceedings.
- Preference for attorneys who have a demonstrated commitment to public interest work.
- Attorneys bilingual in English and Spanish encouraged to apply.
- Applicants will be evaluated on their oral, writing and advocacy skills as well as prior experience.
- PA Bar or by admission.
- Inter-county travel.
- Desire applicants with one to three years in practice. Salary DOE, approx. $49,120 to $51,520.
- Competitive fringe benefits including generous paid leave, health insurance and 401(k) plan.
- Frequent opportunities for professional growth and development through local, state and national trainings.
- This is a public interest position that may qualify for loan repayment assistance through the Legal Services Corporation, PA IOLTA, law schools as well as PSLF (Public Service Loan Forgiveness).
What to Include in your application:
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a cover letter and resume. North Penn values a diverse work environment and strongly encourages women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, people with disabilities, people who have experienced poverty or homelessness and people who have had prior contact with the juvenile, criminal, or child welfare systems to apply.
- Ref. AttorneyWilliamsportOctober2021
- Go to www.northpennlegal.org/about/careers
Except as required by Sections 1006(b)(6) and 1007(a)(8) of the Legal Services Corporation Act, and Part 1616 of the Corporation Regulations, when any position for employment is available, North Penn Legal Services will seek qualified applicants without regard to color, sex, race, religion, disability, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or any other consideration prohibited by law and will actively recruit diverse candidates for employment.