Staff Attorney - North Penn Legal Services, Tunkhannock and Pittston
North Penn Legal Services (NPLS) seeks lawyers and paralegals who are interested in becoming part of a regional team focused on creating access to justice for low-income residents in north and eastern Pennsylvania. NPLS serves twenty counties where our 30 attorneys and 15 paralegals provide direct representation, community outreach, clinics and participate in local community leadership roles. Support for advocacy work comes from all nine NPLS nine offices and an established statewide network.
The Pittston office serves clients in Luzerne, Lackawanna, Wyoming, and Sullivan counties. The office has an opening for an attorney to join a staff of ten attorneys and five paralegals.
Note: a significant portion of the compensation paid to our staff is employer paid benefits. Contact us to obtain details.
Attorney Needed - Tunkhannock, PA and Pittston, PA
- Attorney will represent clients in variety of civil cases, in court proceedings and administrative hearings. Areas of practice focus could include but not be limited to bankruptcy, mortgage foreclosure, consumer cases and some family law.
- Desire candidates who have experience in above areas.
- Preference for attorneys who have a demonstrated commitment to public interest work.
- Court hearings primarily in Wyoming county with in-office time in both Tunkhannock and Pittston.
- Applicants will be evaluated on their oral, writing and advocacy skills as well as prior experience.
- PA Bar or by admission required.
- Ability to speak Spanish helpful.
- Inter-county travel.
- Desire applicants with two to five years in practice preferred. Salary approx. $47,400 to $51,000 or more DOE.
- Competitive fringe benefits including generous paid leave, health insurance and 401(k) plan.
- Frequent opportunities for professional growth and development through local, state and national trainings.
- Access to loan repayment assistance and loan forgiveness programs.
What to Include in your application:
Please reply to email@example.com. Applications with a cover letter as well as a resume will be given preference. North Penn values a diverse work environment and strongly encourages women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, people with disabilities, people who have experienced poverty or homelessness and people who have had prior contact with the juvenile, criminal, or child welfare systems to apply. NPLS invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff and legal services practice.
- Except as required by Sections 1006(b)(6) and 1007(a)(8) of the Legal Services Corporation Act, and Part 1616 of the Corporation Regulations, when any position for employment is available, North Penn Legal Services will seek qualified applicants without regard to color, sex, race, religion, disability, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran’s status or any other consideration prohibited by law and will actively recruit diverse candidates for employment.
- Reference: Tunkhannock/Pittston Attorney
- Go to www.northpennlegal.org/about/careers