Staff Attorney - Laurel Legal Services, Johnstown
Laurel Legal Services, Inc., which provides free legal aid to indigent clients in a six county service area, is currently seeking applicants for a Staff Attorney position. This position is based out of the Johnstown office, but will require travel both within Cambria County as well as the other six counties Laurel Legal serves.
General Definition of Work:
This work primarily involves assisting, counseling and representing low income clients and victims of domestic violence in all aspects of a legal problem. Staff attorneys will be expected to interview, gather of facts, identify and clarify legal problems or issues, discuss of various options available to the client and formulate appropriate strategies to deal with this particular problem, which may include full representation before Courts or other administrative bodies, negotiation with other parties, etc.
Staff Attorneys are expected to be aware of and apply/implement rules, regulations, and instructions of Laurel Legal Services Inc. and its funding sources. This includes proper case management (including case closings), documentation and file maintenance. If also includes maintaining a working knowledge of program priorities, client eligibility requirements, and various funders and reporting requirements.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/ TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from a college or university with a B.S. or B.A;
- Graduation from an American Bar Association accredited law school
- A Pennsylvania Law License
- 1-3 year’s legal experience or a combination of equivalent experience or training. Specialized experience in a legal services program or other skills may substitute for amount of time, as determined by the Executive Director.
- This position will be based out of Cambria County, Johnstown, Pennsylvania but may require significant travel within Laurel Legal Services’ 6 County service area.
How to Apply
Interested candidates must submit their application not later than February 4, 2018. To apply, please submit the following documents:
- A cover letter
- A current resume that includes all experience, education, training, outside activities, and other information relative to the position.
All applications and inquiries should be sent to:
Laurel Legal Services
16 E. Otterman Street
Greensburg, PA 15601
Email is preferred.
Laurel Legal Services Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer.