Resource Development Manager - Management Information Exchange
Management Information Exchange (MIE) seeks to add a resource development staff member with significant experience in civil legal services, fundraising, management and training to join MIE in a newly created role to manage MIE’s resource development activities.
MIE is a nonprofit organization that supports leaders, managers, supervisors, administrators, and fundraisers in legal aid programs. MIE’s mission is to promote excellence in management to ensure high quality advocacy on behalf of low-income people. MIE advances best practices and innovation in leadership, management, supervision and fundraising by providing comprehensive training and conference offerings, consulting services, and a flagship journal to promote a full and free exchange of ideas in the legal aid community.
As envisioned in MIE’s strategic plan, this new manager of MIE’s resource development activities will provide expanded support on behalf of MIE to the legal aid community by:
- staffing MIE’s annual national fundraising conference and periodic webinars;
- supporting a national fundraising data collection, analysis and technical assistance project;
- responding to MIE subscriber requests for technical assistance, consulting and training as requested;
- identifying and developing additional MIE resource development services; and
- engaging with the resource development community.
This staff member will work closely with the MIE Executive Director to further define the activities and priorities of the new position, and to carry out the work of MIE as envisioned by the strategic plan. The position is expected to encompass sixteen hours of work per week. Work location is flexible. Salary to be negotiated.
In addition to having overall experience in civil legal services, fundraising, management and training, the successful candidate for this position:
- will possess experience as a fundraiser in a legal aid organization
- will have experience designing and delivering training in various formats
- will have been active in MIE as a volunteer, trainer, trainee, author, consultant or similar capacity
- will be able to travel to MIE events and consulting projects
- will work independently while communicating thoroughly with the MIE executive director, board, staff and committee members
- will have experience working with volunteers on projects with deadlines and deliverables
To apply, please send a letter expressing in detail your interest in the position, your qualifications, and what you hope to contribute to MIE; a current resume; and the names and contact information for three professional references. In order to receive full consideration, candidates are urged to submit their materials by April 9, 2021.
Materials should be submitted electronically to email@example.com in Microsoft Word or pdf format. Candidates with questions about the position or process may contact Patricia Pap, Executive Director, Management Information Exchange, 508-737-4010, firstname.lastname@example.org.