Paralegal (Half-Time) - North Penn Legal Services, Allentown (Medical-Legal Advocacy Project)
North Penn Legal Services (NPLS) seeks lawyers and paralegals who are interested in becoming part of a regional team focused on creating access to justice for low-income residents in north and eastern Pennsylvania. NPLS serves twenty counties where our advocates provide direct representation, community outreach, clinics and participate in local community leadership roles. Support for advocacy work comes from all NPLS’ nine offices and an established statewide network.
North Penn Legal Services seeks a part-time paralegal to work closely with a full-time attorney in a Medical-Legal Advocacy Project. The primary work location for this position will be at a hospital site in Allentown, PA with some time spent in community outreach, client advocacy and time in NPLS’ Bethlehem office.
- The preferred candidate will have some prior paralegal or social work experience and be able to demonstrate a commitment to serving the interests of low-income people.
- A candidate with advocacy experience in a health care setting is preferred and the ability to speak Spanish is required.
- The candidate will work 17 1/2 hours per week and have access to many pro-rated benefits.
- Salary DOE. For instance, a paralegal credited with three years’ experience would earn $28,210, which computes to $14,105 if half time.
- Resumes accepted until position filled. Kindly comment on your interest in part-time work.
- What to Include in your application:
Please reply to email@example.com. Include a cover letter and resume. North Penn values a diverse work environment and strongly encourages women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, people with disabilities, people who have experienced poverty or homelessness and people who have had prior contact with the juvenile, criminal, or child welfare systems to apply. NPLS invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff and legal services practice.
- Except as required by Sections 1006(b)(6) and 1007(a)(8) of the Legal Services Corporation Act, and Part 1616 of the Corporation Regulations, when any position for employment is available, North Penn Legal Services will seek qualified applicants without regard to color, sex, race, religion, disability, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran’s status or any other consideration prohibited by law and will actively recruit diverse candidates for employment.
- Reference: Paralegal, PT, MLP
- Go to www.northpennlegal.org/about/careers