Paralegal, Domestic Violence Project - North Penn Legal Services, Bethlehem
North Penn Legal Services (NPLS) seeks lawyers and paralegals who are interested in becoming part of a regional team focused on creating access to justice for low-income residents in north and eastern Pennsylvania. NPLS serves twenty counties where our 30 attorneys and 15 paralegals provide direct representation, community outreach, clinics and participate in local community leadership roles. Support for advocacy work comes from all nine NPLS offices and an established statewide network.
Currently NPLS is adding a paralegal position to work in the Domestic Violence project in Bethlehem. This office serves clients in Lehigh and Northampton counties. This new paralegal will join four other advocates who currently represent victims of domestic violence in civil legal matters.
Note: a significant portion of the compensation paid to our staff is employer paid benefits. Contact us to obtain details.
Paralegal Needed - Domestic Violence Project, Bethlehem, PA
- The position entails working closely with local domestic violence agency and focuses on holistic representation and support of clients with domestic violence issues.
- The preferred candidate will have some prior paralegal or social work experience and be able to demonstrate a commitment to serving the interests of low-income people.
- A candidate with advocacy experience and the ability to speak Spanish is most preferred.
- Salary DOE. For instance, a paralegal credited with three years’ experience would earn $28,210.
- Resumes accepted until position filled.
What to Include in your application:
Please reply to email@example.com. Include a cover letter and resume. North Penn values a diverse work environment and strongly encourages women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, people with disabilities, people who have experienced poverty or homelessness and people who have had prior contact with the juvenile, criminal, or child welfare systems to apply. NPLS invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff and legal services practice.
- Except as required by Sections 1006(b)(6) and 1007(a)(8) of the Legal Services Corporation Act, and Part 1616 of the Corporation Regulations, when any position for employment is available, North Penn Legal Services will seek qualified applicants without regard to color, sex, race, religion, disability, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran’s status or any other consideration prohibited by law and will actively recruit diverse candidates for employment.
- Reference: Bethlehem DV Paralegal July 2019
- Go to www.northpennlegal.org/about/careers
July 2019 rev