Homeownership Rights Staff Attorney (Temporary Position) - SeniorLAW Center
Homeownership Rights STAFF ATTORNEY | Full Time, Temporary Position Available Immediately
Qualifications: Juris Doctor and demonstrated experience in handling mortgage foreclosure, property tax foreclosure, and/or probate cases. At least two years housing or real estate litigation experience preferred. Familiarity with CARES Act repayment plan protections a plus. Excellent advocacy and negotiating skills, as well as good organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to work under pressure and good research, writing and communication skills. Interest in and ability to work with older people; sensitivity to older people of diverse backgrounds.
Responsibilities: Perform professional duties in the representation of clients and in community education and advocacy services under the supervision of the Director, Homeownership Rights.
A. Client Representation
- Interview clients and determine case-handling strategy in light of current CARES Act protections.
- Negotiate with mortgage servicers seeking deferral of mortgage foreclosure litigation where appropriate under local court order.
- Complete electronic petitions for probate, and handle and close probate matters; draft Deeds.
- Assist Legal Advocate and housing counselors with loan modification applications and enrollment in property tax, home repair and emergency mortgage assistance programs.
- 5. Represent clients and handle on the spot advice and representation of clients at Philadelphia Residential Mortgage Foreclosure Diversion Court.
B. Outreach/Community Relations
- Assist in development of educational, virtual outreaches and community education materials. PowerPoint knowledge a plus.
Reports to: Director, Homeownership Rights
Salary range: $60,000 – $70,000 annual salary, depending on experience (pro-rated for this time period).
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter identifying specific relevant experience to the attention of Dana N. Goldberg, Esq. via e-mail to email@example.com as soon as possible.
SeniorLAW Center is an equal opportunity employer, which values and seeks diversity and inclusion in all aspects of its work. Persons from diverse backgrounds and orientations are encouraged to apply.
For more detailed job description visit the SeniorLAW Center website at https://seniorlawcenter.org/employment-opportunities/