Grants & Compliance Associate - Pennsylvania IOLTA Board, Harrisburg
Position: Grants & Compliance Associate
Organization: Pennsylvania IOLTA Board
Posted: July 22, 2021
Close Date: August 27, 2021
Starting Salary Range: $45,000 to $50,000
Note: IOLTA Board employees are not State employees and therefore not participants in the State Employees’ Retirement System.
The Pennsylvania IOLTA Board, a not-for-profit organization operating under the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, has an immediate opening for a full-time Grants & Compliance Associate. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for providing professional and technical support to the grants management and compliance management offices, assisting with Board meeting logistics and serving as the back-up for the Program & Administrative Assistant.
The Pennsylvania IOLTA Board provides critical funding to the civil legal aid system in Pennsylvania that benefits low-income people. The Board employs highly motivated, detailoriented, self-directed professionals with a passion for our mission. Our staff culture promotes connection and engagement as well as collaboration where all ideas are welcome and respected.
Duties and Responsibilities
Grants Management Office (45%)
- Enter and manage program data in SmartSimple Grants Management Software
- Develop and run reports and perform database queries in SmartSimple
- Communicate and resolve technical problems with SmartSimple Technical Support
- Receive and log grant status reports, audits, budget modification requests, and other grant related documentation
- Assemble electronic grant agreements, transmit to grantees, and track status of executed agreements
- Prepare and open quarterly status report form and annual grant applications in SmartSimple
- Prepare review forms in SmartSimple for internal and external reviewers of grant applications
- Export data from SmartSimple to Microsoft Excel and format for ease of readability
- Verify sufficiency of attachments to each grant application
- Download applications and attachments from SmartSimple to the local drive
- Prepare SmartFolders and various grant documents for the Executive Director and Board
- Update the website with grant-related due dates and grant awards
Compliance Management Office (45%)
- Update IOLTA Management System (IMS) with attorney and bank compliance documentation
- Scan and manage correspondence
- Field phone calls from attorneys and bank personnel and provide initial guidance
- Communicate with other Court Boards regarding non-compliant attorneys and banks
- Reconcile data between data management systems
- Data entry
- Maintain hardcopy files
- Generate correspondence
Administrative Support (10%)
- Coordinate catering, hotel arrangements, dinner reservations and transportation for quarterly Board meetings
- Distribute expense reimbursement forms after each meeting
- Coordinate grantee attendance at Board meetings
- Compile materials for Board meeting
- Update Board and staff listing for Board meetings
- Maintain conflict of interest records
- Coordinate ID badges for new Board members and term renewals
- Serve as the back-up for updating the website
Serve as the back-up for the Program & Administrative Assistant, which includes, but is not limited to: data entry, fielding phone calls, processing pro hac vice applications and fees, processing donations, logging and distributing mail, logging cash receipts, taking deposits to the bank, generating correspondence, inventorying and ordering office supplies, and taking minutes at Board meetings.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent, related experience; 3-5 years of experience working in a professional office environment; extensive front-end database management experience, including querying and report development; strong organizational and administrative skills; ability to multi-task and manage simultaneous projects and deadlines; confidence and ability to communicate effectively with lawyers and bank personnel; a strong sense of professionalism and poise; strong computer and communication skills; and, a positive attitude. Candidates must be self-motivated, accountable and willing to handle mundane, repetitive tasks as well as broader, more challenging projects.
Microsoft Office 360 expertise, especially Excel, is a must. Experience with SmartSimple Grants Management software or another grants management software tool is a plus. Helpful to have a working knowledge of HTML and WordPress.
A demonstrated commitment to the IOLTA Board’s mission of serving the civil legal needs of low-income Pennsylvanians is required.
Individuals with paralegal experience or experience providing professional support in a law firm will be strong candidates.
Background check required. Candidates called for an interview will be required to take a computer skills test on-site.
Due to the annual grants calendar, time off will be restricted in December and January.
Expected travel is 0 - 10%.
Employees must complete at least six (6) calendar months of continuous employment before a flexible schedule, including remote work, will be considered. An employee must demonstrate specific attributes, including, but not limited to, reliability, self-discipline and ability to selfmanage assigned tasks, effective communication, strong time management, organizational and technological skills, in order to be eligible for remote work. Requests for a flexible work schedule, including remote work, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
The Pennsylvania IOLTA Board offers excellent benefits, including health insurance, 403(b) retirement plan, parking, vacation, sick, personal and holiday paid time off.
Send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. EOE.