Executive Administrative Assistant – Legal Aid of Southeastern PA, Norristown/Montgomery County
Executive Administrative Assistant
Norristown/Montgomery County, PA (NEW040722)
Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania, Inc. (“LASP”) seeks a full-time Executive Assistant who will provide dependable support to LASP’s Executive team, including its Executive Director, Deputy Directors for Advocacy and Operations, Directors of Development and Communication, Fiscal Director, and Human Resources Manager.
LASP is a public interest law firm providing civil legal services to low-income individuals and families with a staff of 80+ employees working in 9 offices in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery Counties in the Philadelphia suburbs. Cases focus on fundamental human needs including housing, protection from domestic violence, family law, and basic income support. LASP also provides fresh starts for those facing obstacles to decent housing and employment due to expungable criminal records or debt.
The position is based in Norristown at LASP’s administrative office at 151 W. Marshall Street, in the historic former Sheidt Brewery corporate headquarters. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required. Staff currently work on a hybrid basis depending on the current state of the Coronavirus in the service area. The successful candidate will be expected to perform in-office work as well as be able to work remotely as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Provide day-to-day administrative support to the Executive team, which may include some or all of the following:
- Maintaining calendars and files;
- Performing general administrative tasks including copying, printing, scanning, and faxing;
- Responding to inquiries;
- Receiving and greeting visitors;
- Scheduling appointments, meetings, interviews, and conference calls both in person or via a remote platform such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams;
- Supporting projects including but not limited to, audit preparation, funder requests and monitoring, grant applications, creation of LASP’s Annual Report, all-staff meetings and retreats, and LASP fundraising events;
- Assisting with recruitment through editing, posting and circulation of job announcements;
- Coordinating travel arrangements for staff training activities including conference registrations, travel, and lodging;
- Assisting in preparing materials for LASP Board meetings and communicating details;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with office vendors, including cleaning vendors and IT support providers;
- Ordering office equipment and supplies;
- Managing the flow and distribution of mail;
- Conducting online polls through Survey Monkey or comparable platform to solicit employee and Board feedback on issues; and
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
The Executive Administrative Assistant will report directly to LASP’s Executive Director but will also have significant interaction with other LASP executive staff enumerated above.
Minimum of 5 years of executive assistant experience in a for-profit or non-profit setting; Commitment to social justice and mission of LASP; Associate degree or higher preferred; Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills; Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Outlook 365, Excel, and additional applications and platforms cited above. Ability to prioritize duties and maintain strict confidentiality on sensitive matters; sound exercise of discretion and judgement with highest degree of professionalism; Spanish or language fluency beyond English a plus.
Depending on experience and qualifications with a minimum of $36,250. Excellent benefits including employer-funded 401K, health and ancillary benefits, and liberal leave provisions including paid holidays, personal, vacation, and sick leave.
LASP is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in the recruitment, selection, or advancement of employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or on any other basis prohibited by law.
Send resume and cover letter to Elise Wilson-Coles, Human Resources Manager, at Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania to Hiring@lasp.org. Position remains open until filled.