Attorney, Domestic Violence Project - North Penn Legal Services, Bethlehem (Two positions)
North Penn Legal Services (NPLS) seeks lawyers and paralegals who are interested in becoming part of a regional team focused on creating access to justice for low-income residents in north and eastern Pennsylvania. NPLS serves twenty counties where our 30 attorneys and 15 paralegals provide direct representation, community outreach, clinics and participate in local community leadership roles. Support for advocacy work comes from all nine NPLS nine offices and an established statewide network.
The Bethlehem office serves clients in Lehigh and Northampton counties. Additional grant money will fund two new attorney positions for a total of three attorneys and two paralegals who will represent victims of domestic violence in civil legal matters.
Note: a significant portion of the compensation paid to our staff is employer paid benefits. Contact us to obtain details.
Attorney Needed – Domestic Violence Project, Bethlehem, PA (Two positions)
- Attorney will provides legal advice to domestic violence victims and client groups.
- Attorney provides legal representation to domestic violence victims in a range of civil matters in state and federal courts and administrative proceedings.
- Preference for attorneys who have a demonstrated commitment to public interest work.
- Applicants will be evaluated on their oral, writing and advocacy skills as well as prior experience.
- PA Bar or by admission required.
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
- Inter-county travel.
- Desire applicants with two to five years in practice. Salary approx. $47,400 to $51,000 or more DOE.
- Competitive fringe benefits including generous paid leave, health insurance and 401(k) plan.
- Frequent opportunities for professional growth and development through local, state and national trainings.
- Access to loan repayment assistance and loan forgiveness programs.
What to Include in your application:
Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a cover letter and resume. North Penn values a diverse work environment and strongly encourages women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, people with disabilities, people who have experienced poverty or homelessness and people who have had prior contact with the juvenile, criminal, or child welfare systems to apply. NPLS invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff and legal services practice.
- Except as required by Sections 1006(b)(6) and 1007(a)(8) of the Legal Services Corporation Act, and Part 1616 of the Corporation Regulations, when any position for employment is available, North Penn Legal Services will seek qualified applicants without regard to color, sex, race, religion, disability, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran’s status or any other consideration prohibited by law and will actively recruit diverse candidates for employment.
- Reference: Bethlehem DV attorney July 2019
- Go to www.northpennlegal.org/about/careers
July 2019 rev.