Accounting Assistant - Laurel Legal Services, Greensburg
Laurel Legal Services is looking for an Accounting Assistant to perform daily accounting tasks that will support our financial team. Accounting Assistant responsibilities include managing expense reports and reimbursements, entering financial transactions into our internal databases and reconciling invoices. If you have an Accounting degree and are interested in gaining experience in bookkeeping procedures, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will help our Accounting department run smoothly, ensuring transparency and efficiency in all transactions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- File all Accounts Receivable records
- Enter Accounts Payable Invoices into SAGE50
- Distribute and open mail
- Print checks for Vendors out of SAGE50
- Compile and sort invoices and checks
- Post Weekly Leave Time to Master Records
- Enter Payroll in Payroll System and check for accuracy
- Prepare Bank Reconciliations
- General Office Duties
- Assist with Outreach Activities
- Assist as needed with Other Management Staff
- The Accounting Assistant will receive supervision from the Executive Director
- The Accounting Assistant will receive instruction from and report to the Director of Financial Operations
Qualifications and Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED, Associates Degree Preferred
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- At least two years of Accounting experience
- Proficiency in MS Office – Especially Excel
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Ability to work independently or as a team member
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Monday to Friday, during the day, with no weekends
Experience: Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Greensburg, PA
Travel Required: No
Work Remotely: No
Benefits: Extensive fringe benefits including medical and dental insurance, disability insurance, paid holidays, accrued vacation and sick leave, and comp time.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must submit their application not later than July 17, 2020. Interviews will begin immediately, however this position will remain open until it is filled. To apply, please submit the following documents:
- A cover letter
- A current resume that includes all experience, education, training, outside activities, and other information relative to the position
- A list of references, where available.
All applications and inquiries should be sent to:
Kimberly Tarbell, Director of Operations & Development
Email is preferred.
Laurel Legal Services, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.