2014 Pennsylvania Legal Aid Network Conference
CLICK HERE to view the Conference at a Glance listing the workshops for the conference. This is the final version containing last minute changes in the Agenda including some late cancellations that occurred due to unforeseen circumstances.
Resource Materials from the conference are available at the links below. Additional materials will be added as they are received from workshop presenters.
Trial Advocacy Training
Conference Concurrent Workshops:
- Bankruptcy 101
- 16 Cases Every UC Claimants Representatives Should Know
- Help Your Clients Stay at Home: Medicaid Waiver Application and Payment Issues
- Representation of Parents with Special Needs in Dependency and Custody
- Can We Expand Access to Justice Through Limited Representation? Innovative Tools, Tips & Ethical Challenges of Serving Self-Represented Litigants Ethics
- The Manufactured Home Community Rights Act (MHCRA)
- Unemployment Compensation: It's Not Your Parent's Program Anymore
- A Practical Guide to Answering Parent Questions About Education
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Primer
- Smart Phone and Tablet Apps for Lawyers
- Subsidized Housing Preservation: Tenants' Rights and Eviction Defense Strategies
- Drug Testing Procedures and Analysis for the Employment Lawyer
- Stigma, Trauma and Client Behavior
- Sharing Our Clients' Stories
- What Can We Do for Clients Who Cannot Access Important Services or Even the Court System Because of Language Barriers?
- Consumer Protections for Customers of Municipal Utilities
- Overcoming Barriers to Employment: An Update on New Developments (Client Training Workshop)
- Current Topics in Public and Private Housing
- Developments in Criminal Records and Employment
- Nursing Home Involuntary Discharge Appeals from the Resident's Rights Perspective
- Ethics Potpourri: Common Ethical Issues Faced by Public Interest Lawyers
- Municipal Claims, Property Tax Liens and Local Strategies
- Mortgage Loan Modifications: Overview of FHA, HAMP and In-House Loan Modifications
- The Child Protective Services Law in a Post-Sandusky World
- The Affordable Care Act and the New Rules: What is MAGI and How Does it Work?
- Effective Communication Skills with Clients
- Mediation - Can it Help Your Client?
- How Legal Aid Advocates Can Work Best with State and Federal Agencies
- New Developments in Child Custody - Review of Child Welfare Records as a Best Interest Factor
- Medical Assistance for Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities: Health Horizons, MAWD and Waiver Programs
- Utility Law Update - The Changes in 2014 that Advocates Need to Know About
- Using Emotional Intelligence for Effective Supervision
- Saving Homes by Raising Act 6/Act 91 Pre-Foreclosure Notice Violations
- The Rights of Tenants with Low-Income Housing Tax Credits
- HealthCare.gov: How Can it Help our Clients?
- Catching Up with SeniorLAW Center
- Management and Supervision Roundtable: An Opportunity for Dialogue with Colleagues
- Child Sexual Assault: Expanded Reporting Requirements
- Defending Debt Collection Lawsuits: Case Law Updates and Practice Pointers
- Protection from Abuse Special Issues and Updates
- Individual Case Representation to Bring About Broader Change
- Cultivating Talent Across the Generations: Leadership Development, Communication and Work Styles